Agate stones are very common among people across the globe and people use them in their homes, offices and adorn beautiful jewelry made out of this stone due to its metaphysical and healing properties. The stone is believed to be ancient as the prehistoric people used to wear Agate jewelry at that time. The stone can be found in many varieties like Moss Agate, Plume Agate, Iris Agate, Enhydro Agate, and many more. Previously the Agate stone was mined and discovered at some limited places online like in the ancient river Achates in Sicily, now they can be found everywhere across this globe quite easily.
The stone belongs to the Quartz family and it is a widely used stone in many countries. There are many people who mistake it for some other stones like Jasper but if you know about the properties and appearance of the stone properly or you know how to judge it then you can understand the difference between Agate and other stones. You can even identify what is the difference between real and fake Agate stone. Just like every other stone this stone also has some very cool and unknown facts that you may not know till now. Here are some of the major facts that are hidden from the people despite using them in their daily lives.
Facts About The Agate Stone
- Agate procures its name from the River Achates in Sicily, where it was supposed to be originally found. The stream is presently called Drillo River however it claims the credit of giving the popular gemstone its name.
- Agate is associated with certain healing properties as well. It is supposed to be powerful for sleep deprivation, sensitivities, skin diseases, stress, and much more.
- Its hardness, sheen, and solidness make it one of the primary valuable rocks natural to humankind. The stone is accessible in a variety of colors. The shades you will run over incorporate Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, Black, White, Gray, and so on
- Agates appear to have some specific significance associated with the twelfth and fourteenth wedding commemorations. They are gifted to couples who commend the consummation of 12 or 14 years of wedded life.
- There is proof to demonstrate that these gemstones were being used as far back as 20000 BC to 16000 BC. Historical proof brings up that the Stone Age men of Western Europe utilized the gemstone. Records show that in 400 BC, the gemstone was utilized by Greeks to make jewelry and dabs.
- Being an antiquated gemstone and grateful to its hardness and colorful appearance, it was one of the primary materials natural to humanity. In antiquated days, it was accepted that wearing agates made the wearer agreeable, honest, and persuasive. In short, it was considered to expand the point of view of life.
- Agates of different colors appear to have an association with different physical and mental properties. Each color of agate has certain components and thus the individuals who wear agate, pay special mind to the suitable color to address their necessities. This gemstone is considered to be an extraordinary gemstone for conditions identified with pregnancy and it is said to ensure the mother and the youngster.
- In the vast majority of antiquated societies, it was treated as a defensive stone. The voyagers and explorers consistently kept it with them to save themselves from expected risk. The Persians utilized Agate to keep storms, quakes, and other normal disasters under control.